Saturday, January 31, 2009

~ A new cake stand ~

So I have been wanting to buy a few cake stands to have around when we have cake. Well my Mom sent me a link with directions for a make it yourself cake stand and I couldn't wait to give it a try.

Off to the local thrift store to find a plate and bowl that would work.

Then the store for some glue, I decided to use the two part epoxy since the stands could potentially get put into a dishwasher some where in their future travels and I just think that the superglue might wear off under that type of pressure.

And I can really see many combinations of plates and bowls to make some more cute stands. I like the idea of using a larger bowl so it could be turned upside down on the table to hold other stuff when not being used as a cake stand. Or the idea of using a baby pink or blue to put a diaper cake on to take to a baby shower, or a color to match someones kitchen when you go to a dinner party and are asked to bring dessert. This is a great idea for a hostess gift or to just make and keep to display your own yummy creations. :)I will be keeping my eyes open for plates and bowls now at yard sales as well. I can see many cake stands above my cupboards all around the kitchen very soon. hee hee hee
Thanks for reading and have a great day,
~ K ~



No comments: