Friday, August 1, 2008

The last few weeks.....



So it has been a while now hasn't it......... Really only about three weeks but whos counting?? LOL

My Mom came to visit and we did a little stitching while she was here, an apron was made a diaper stacker and lots of fabric was oogled and bought during the many fabric trips that we made. hee hee I will have to get some photos of them and post them soon.


The kiddos also got a chance to go up in an airplane, our local Young Eagles group had a day where they take the local kids up for a ride around the area. My 8 year old was all strapped in and at the last minute decided that it just was not for her (which is really a suprise since she is the fearless one) but the other two older ones loved it and could not quit talking about it for the rest of the day. They got to ride in a Beechcraft Baron. Thanks to the wonderful flight instructors that donated their time to get the kiddos interested in flying.


While my Mom was here we just had to take a trip to the local thrift store as well.... well here are my thrift store finds a curtain with a pretty ruffle (I have a plan for this and if all goes well will be posting the after photos soon) and two chunks of some really pretty pink, brown and green double sided quilted fabric. They are two small pieces but hey I can certainly come up with something to do with these as well. :)

Here is a photo of the little one Sleeping like a baby. :) Isn't she just the cutest. :)

Another thing while my Dear Mom was here a friend of hers talked her into making a Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt, my 10 and 8 year old daughters fell in love with the idea and sat with Grandma and stitched a few hexagons for her. So now they have decided that they would like to start one of their own, lol. So I can see myself cutting hexagons out for a bit, but hey I kind of think I might want to start one as well....

Until next time,
~ K ~

1 comment:

N.C.Fabric Junkie said...

Kerrie I had a blast with you and the kids and loved doing projects with them and you as well. You should show everyone the diaper stacker that you made as that is just too cute! I am so looking forward to seeing what the girls do with their quilting skills. I feel for you cutting out hexagons for three quilts you are going to become veryyyyy busy love you mom