Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday goodies and other stuff:)

Well today ummmm make that yesterday ...... was my Birthday. :) I had a great day with the hubby and kiddos, they even took me out to ice cream and we finished off the day with a movie at home and popcorn.

My Mom made me a beautiful Pin cushion......... I just love the colors and it will go with my collection quite nicely. Thanks Mom. :)

Speaking of Pin cushions I was at an auction the other day and managed to buy two nice rocking chair pincushions, I had tried to buy one at a previous sale and was outbid so was very happy to get both of them. Once I get them cleaned up one will be added to my collection and the other will be winging its way south to my Moms collection. :) I love these, they have a spot in the back for scissors, both sides hold three spools of thread, and lots of room for pin sticking. :) Perfect for sitting in front of the tv and stitching some stuff by hand or for a quick little mending job.....

Another little goodie that I had completely forgotten was a birthday swap that I joined at the end of last year..... I got that package in the mail the day before my birthday and it was such a great suprise. I love all of the stickpins and cute bug fabric and buttons that came with it as well. What a special treat this was.
My littlest one has discovered dollies, lol she loves this dolly (it is one of the topsy turvy ones that you pull the dress up over the one head and another head is underneath. One is awake and the other asleep.) My Mom made this for my older daughters and now the little one just loves her.

This photo is just so precious.... can't you see how excited she is to have her dolly??


Well it is late and it has been a long day so until next time.......

Happy stitching,

~ K ~

No comments: